CSA C22.2 No. 21-14 Ninth Edition, Cord sets and power-supply cords
Wiring Devices No. 101
(Supersedes Informs Wiring Devices No. 34, TIL A-29A and Notice Wiring Products No. 6)
Date: May 5, 2015
Apply Before June 30, 2016
Effective Date: December 30, 2016
安规仪器网独家共享C22.2 No. 21-14第9版标准：下载点我：http://bbs.ulccc.cn/forum-80-1.html
Publication of Standard CSA C22.2 No. 21-14 Ninth Edition, Cord sets and power-supply cords
See Attachment 1 for affected Class Numbers.
Who is affected?
Manufacturers of cord sets and power supply cords.
What do you do?
1. CSA Group Service Delivery staff will contact you to address compliance with each revision as applicable to the product designs covered in your affected Certification Reports. In addition to updates to your Certificate(s) of Compliance & Report(s), testing may be required to comply with these revisions.
2. Please respond within thirty (30) days of receiving CSA Group’s “Application for CSA Certification Services” and “Quotation” communication. You must respond no later than June 30, 2016 in order to guarantee the update to your certification is completed by December 30, 2016. If testing is needed, we will inform you of the samples required.
The standard C22.2 No. 21-14 includes numerous changes from the previous edition, including:
* Rearrangement to include separate sections for each type of cord set, including those using connectors complying with requirements in CAN/CSA-C22.2 No. 60320-1;
* New requirements that will require retesting; and
* Requirements that have been added from other standards that were referenced in the previous edition C22.2 No 21-95 (R2009)
For a summary of major changes see attachment 2
Background and Rationale:
This edition of the standard was developed at the request of industry to align Canadian requirements with those in the
In the event your models do not comply with the effective standards, arrangements must be made to bring them into compliance.
In the event we do not receive a response as to your currently certified models, prior to the above applicable effective date(s), the certification of such models will be discontinued.
Affected Class Numbers
5841 01, CORD SETS - General-use Extension Cord Sets
5841 02, CORD SETS - Heater Cord Sets
5841 03, CORD SETS - Special-use Cord Sets
5841 04, CORD SETS - Power Supply Cords (Replacement Type)
5842 01, CORD SETS - Miscellaneous Cord Sets
5842 02, CORD SETS - Power Supply Cords
5842 03, CORD SETS - Custom Power Supply Cords
5842 04, CORD SETS - Power Supply Cord Kits
5842 05, CORD SETS - Multiple Receptacle Extension Boxes
5842 06, CORD SETS - Cord Reels
5842 07, CORD SETS - Seasonal Use Cord Sets
5842 81, CORD SETS - Miscellaneous Cord Sets - Certified to US Standards
6242 01, MULTI-OUTLET ASSEMBLIES
6242 08, WIRING SYSTEMS AND ACCESSORIES - Furniture Power Distribution Units